Security : Cloud : Data Protection :
Analyze File Content Easily in the Cloud
May 2, 2014 05:00 PM
Cloud-based digital distribution platform is designed for the secure sharing, controlling, tracking and analyzing of sensitive enterprise data
Content Raven, a leading digital distribution platform provider, has announced the availability of its Spring 2014 release. The new release introduces significant new features that enable organizations of all sizes to keep control of and gain analytical insight into confidential and business-critical files as they are shared with both external and internal audiences, stopping data leakage and protecting intellectual property.
The new release, available today, is already in use with more than 5,000 customers across the globe, including Fortune 500 enterprises, as well as hundreds of midmarket organizations, enterprise teams and small businesses.
“Content Raven helps us easily and securely distribute content to customers, partners and employees in need of training documents throughout our worldwide offices,” said Terri Maske, global director education operations at Infor. “On a global basis, we have successfully distributed more than 290 documents to 1,350 users. Content Raven ensures we can protect our internal documents and measure the effectiveness of the materials through analytics designed around interactions and engagement.”
Content Raven’s unique subscription-based, easy-to-integrate, cloud digital distribution platform enables users to securely share, track and analyze important files and documents across any device by giving senders complete control over who, where and how those files are accessed. Subscribers can securely send any file type, including video, film, images, documents, PDFs, manuals and other files to anyone within or outside their organizations. Businesses of any size where intellectual property protection is crucial can take advantage of the cloud-based service.
Value-Added Security and Analytics Services for File Sharing in Growing Demand
The popularity of Online File Sharing (OFS) services such as Dropbox, Box and Google Drive, as well as the high adoption rates of enterprise collaboration solutions such as SharePoint, have created a demand for software services that enable the sharing of and access to all file types on multiple devices and to any person, both internally and externally. However, these solutions lack specific security features around sharing and do not provide value-added analytics on file usage, allowing data leaks to occur constantly through file forwarding, file downloading, screen shot taking, login credentials sharing, and other workarounds.
“Many enterprises have key content they need to share outside corporate walls, but do not want openly distributed or publicly shared from IP to paid training videos, and more,” said Mike Matchett, senior analyst and consultant, Taneja Group. “While there are many file/sync and distributed collaboration solutions in the market for fully trusted workgroups, Content Raven is rolling out a layered, secure way to deliver important content to external clients in which the originator retains all downstream distribution control.”
Release Highlights Include Enterprise APIs, Mobile Support, Integration with Box & Dropbox
Content Raven’s new features aim to meet the growing market demand for a secure way to distribute enterprise information across internal and external audiences, regardless of device. Highlights include:
- Instant integration via URL links with popular cloud file sharing solutions such as Box, Dropbox and Google Drive, enabling corporate teams, midmarket organizations and SMBs to track, secure and analyze what and with whom they share data.
- Additions to business-class APIs for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and leading Learning Management Systems (LMS) that make integration faster and more robust. Upgrades provide enterprise users a seamless collaboration experience and make APIs more accessible and economically viable to the SMB for secure control and management required to stop data leakage and protect corporate IP.
- Continued improvements to dynamic watermarking that puts an individual, personalized stamp on every file shared, ensuring data is accessed and distributed only to intended users.
- Support for annotation and comments within shared files, enhancing collaboration and engagement, and creating a positive user experience.
- Upgraded management console for one cohesive view of document and file activity, including historical data, file and document interaction, printing history, device activations and more.
- Enhanced reports via Excel for analysis of how content is shared and viewed.
- Unlimited file storage for sharing with external audiences.
- Exportable, rich graphical analytics reports that can be configured by the administrator.
- Upgraded next-generation platform for faster response and rapid scale, attesting to Content Raven’s commitment to continually improving the user experience.
“The rapid growth in customer acquisitions and free trial conversions we have seen in the past four months is not only proof of the market demand and caliber of service, it also demonstrates that Content Raven is competitively differentiated in a market that is growing and consolidating at break-neck speed,” said Ron Matros, CEO, Content Raven. “We are very pleased today to introduce the latest iteration of our platform and are confident that adoption rates will continue to rise.”
About Content Raven
Content Raven’s industry-leading digital distribution platform enables users to securely share, control, track and analyze important files and documents across any device, helping eliminate the risk of data leakage for organizations in entertainment, manufacturing, training, human resources and other businesses where intellectual property protection is critical. Unique features such as dynamic watermarking that place an individual, personalized stamp on every document and video file shared, ensures data is distributed to and accessed by the intended recipient only. Content Raven’s subscription-based digital distribution platform easily integrates with popular cloud file sharing solutions such as Box, Dropbox and Google Drive, and its business-class APIs enables users to embed Content Raven into any existing enterprise system.